As we enter a new decade, developers and builders are watching the building trends in Dallas, TX very closely. The city is constantly evolving. It seems like every time you turn around, a new district is developing or another neighborhood is being revitalized by anchor tenants. Masterplan is here to help your firm get the green light for your next Dallas real estate project, whether it’s something you’ve been planning for years or one that capitalizes on the hot new development trends today.
There are several hot new areas in the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area. Which one will you target first?
- Deep Ellum: Deep Ellum is a district that once boasted jazz, blues and other entertainment delights. It is now undergoing a massive revitalization push. This project is anchored now by a huge mixed-use complex called The Epic, which features hotels, retail space, residences and office towers. Another mixed-use project called The Stack is also in development in this area.
- Highrise Luxury Towers: There are several ultra-luxury residential high-rise projects under construction in and near downtown, including the 41-story Atelier and the 28-story HALL Arts Residences in the Dallas Arts District. In Victory Park, The Victor is a 39-story high rise that will join other luxury residences in the area. Downtown, the 60-story AMLI Fountain Place is also underway.
- Harwood: This active developer has several Downtown Dallas projects in development, including two hotels and two office towers.
- 1401 Elm: This building was once the home to the First National Bank, and is the largest vacant block of Downtown Dallas. At 1.5 million square feet, it’s a huge redevelopment project that’s aiming to be finished by the end of 2020.
- Knox Street District: The Knox Street District is undergoing a lot of changes, including adding the McKenszie,substantial multifamily project, and a significant office project that will house and Kirkland & Ellis, among others. This lively area also features many exciting retailers and restaurants, so it is bound to attract a lot more office tenants, despite 65 percent of its office space already being preleased.
- East Quarter: Of course, we’d be remiss not to mention the East Quarter—which just happens to be our new home! This part of Dallas was once the home to 1920s automobile showrooms, which are being converted into office spaces for technology and creative hubs. We love it because of its proximity to downtown as well as the gorgeous architectural features.
- Coworking spaces: Coworking spaces are Dallas’ hottest trend of all—about 3 million square feet of office space in Dallas is occupied by coworking spaces. Some experts worry that this might be too much, but others predict that this is a smart move, given the proliferation of freelancers, startups and informal companies that populate the area.
Has this list inspired you to start fast-tracking a new or existing project? Call the pros at Masterplan to help get things underway. Whether you’re looking to move into a hot new neighborhood or start a revitalization push of your own, we can help.
Get help with zoning in Dallas, TX
Masterplan is Dallas’ premier authority on all things permitting and zoning. Since 1981, we have been helping developers and builders get approvals, including lobbying for change when necessary. Our goal is to make the permitting and zoning process as fast and easy as it can be so your project can get underway as soon as possible. Whether you need us to do the cumbersome paperwork or expedite your application, we can help. Call us today to find out how we can assist you on your next project.
Categorised in: Uncategorized