ZONING CHANGE: 2488 Market Place Blvd. Irving, Texas
La Terra Development, LLC
People to Know:
Shalondria Galimore Community Liaison email@example.com
Irving City Council District 6 firstname.lastname@example.org (469) 354-8790
Proposed Rezoning of 2488 Market Place Blvd. Irving, Tx.
This is a request to change the zoning from Community Commercial to Townhome with a Site Plan.
Masterplan has been meeting with the adjacent homeowners to answer questions and hear concerns. This presentation has been shown and distributed. We have also met with Council Member Zapanta as well as City of Irving staff. The zoning case has not been filed.
Why You Should Support This Project
- The current big box retail building (formerly Fry’s Electronics) is no longer operating and has little future as a retail site. So uses such as an Amazon hive with constant delivery trucks or a strip retail shopping center have been considered. A townhome development will reduce traffic on the site by 80% while providing a safe, well maintained single family community similar to adjacent neighborhoods.
- Community Meeting (Hunter Valley HOA)
Date: February 3, 2022
- Community Meeting (Emerald Valley Villas HOA) Date: February 14, 2022
- Community Meeting (Villas of Emerald Park HOA) TBD
- Community Meeting (Element Hotel: 3550 I-635, Irving, Tx. 75063) Date: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 6pm