Masterplan is searching for an experienced detail-oriented accounts receivable / billing specialist to join our growing team. Masterplan provides expert solutions in land use, zoning, permitting, and lobbying representing clients from local schools, neighborhoods, and public agencies to billion-dollar companies. By driving urban growth at the forefront of a thriving Texas economy—where we have offices in Dallas, Frisco, Fort Worth, and Austin—we’ve helped shape the future of our great state since 1981.
As a nimble organization focused on our employees’ success as much as our own, everyone has the opportunity to have a direct impact on our future. We’re constantly seeking out new talent that’s ready to be inspired by their work. If you’re ready to join a team-based approach where you can develop your skills while working independently in a dynamic environment—let’s talk!
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possess and maintain deep knowledge of all A/R and billing functions in NetSuite and use that knowledge to strategically perform tasks, problem solve and make decisions
- Prepare monthly invoices (approximately 300 invoices per month)
- Post daily deposits to accounts receivable and ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Updating client accounts based on payment or contact information changes
- Review aging of accounts, manage collections and work with clients on past due accounts
- Respond to client invoice questions and resolve clients’ billing issues in a timely manner
- Generate account statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status and collections
- Suggest and implement continuous improvements to policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or 5 – 7 years of industry accounting experience
- Knowledge and experience with NetSuite a plus
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong analytical capabilities
- Office 365 (outlook, excel, etc.)
- Self- motivated and ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- This position is in-person and located at the Masterplan HQ in downtown Dallas.
- Office Hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Masterplan is an expert in land use, zoning, permitting, and lobbying representing clients ranging from local schools, neighborhoods, and public agencies to billion-dollar companies. For over 40 years, our accomplished team of consultants has built a record of creating success and approvals for clients across Texas. Our strength comes from our personal relationships with city officials and staff that have been cultivated over decades. We are competent, competitive, confident and caring in all the work that we do for our clients each and every day.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Masterplan believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the communities in which we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.