Masterplan is actively seeking an experienced, decisive, competitive, self-motivated applicant to serve as a consultant to work in its collaborative, progressive, and inclusive workplace. The 40-year-old privately held and interdisciplinary company has grown to be the largest private planning firm in the region because it is client-focused and result-oriented. Likewise, the company affords the best possible climate for maximum professional development based on individual career goals for all employees. Masterplan recognizes that our work is strengthened when our team’s diversity reflects that of the communities in which we work.
The corporate culture emphasizes collegiality, expertise, learning, independent thought, innovation, and opportunity. We promote an earned, flexible work environment that values performance above all, enabling an opportunity for a strong work-from-home network alongside our office locations. Our organizational structure fosters collaboration across service lines (including LaBarba Permit Service a 56-year-old alcohol licensing service) and geographies to engage our staff and serve our clients. Proven performers are among the best-compensated planners in the region.
- Planners relentlessly pursuing personal, professional, and team excellence should apply.
- The candidate will have responsibility for multiple, complex zoning projects in a fast-paced environment and find creative planning solutions, resulting in municipal approvals–often in the face of significant opposition.
- Ability to prioritize and complete projects on time and on budget while maintaining details is essential.
- Candidates shall have expertise in performing special planning studies, interpretation of local zoning, subdivision, and other land use ordinances; comprehensive and small area plan development; zoning, subdivision and other ordinance work; and other related work as required.
- Prepares draft ordinances, conducts research, maintains project records and files.
- Strong written and presentational skills are highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, urban planning, architecture, engineering, political science, geography, related field, or proven results.
- Minimum five years of experience in urban planning, urban design, real estate development, construction, or related field.
- Project management experience.
- Understanding of the rules and procedures of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.
- Keen understanding of the development process, including an understanding of jurisdictional bureaucratic processes.
- Ability to read and understand complex zoning codes, general plans, specific plans, surveys, site plans, and technical reports.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Proficiency in Word and Excel (Bluebeam, Sketch-Up, ArcGIS, InDesign, and Illustrator are pluses)
- Related professional certification(s), such as AICP, CNU-A, RAS, LEED, MBA, MA encouraged, but not required.
- Operate and have reliable transportation.
- $75,000 – $110,000 (commensurate with experience) + performance bonuses
- This position is in-person and located at the Masterplan HQ in downtown Dallas.
Masterplan is an expert in land use, zoning, permitting, and lobbying representing clients ranging from local schools, neighborhoods, and public agencies to billion-dollar companies. For over 40 years, our accomplished team of consultants has built a track record of creating success and approvals for clients across the State of Texas. Our strength comes from our personal relationships with city officials and staff that have been cultivated over decades. We are competent, competitive, confident, and caring in all the work that we do for our clients each and every day.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Masterplan believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the communities in which we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.