Client Name: Whitestone Hospitality
This $20 million development included a five-story, 136-room boutique hotel at the doorstep of the Arlington Entertainment District in The Village at Ballpark. This urban inspired hotel was designed to appeal to millennials and features a bar with live entertainment. There is also a 24/7 pantry, pool table, swimming pool, fitness center, and large meeting rooms to work in. The building is located near some of the best shops and restaurants in the area along with several entertainment spots.
- Masterplan had to lobby the council to get their approval and prove that the hotel was boutique, rather than a standard hotel.
- Because the hotel is in the entertainment district, it required some aspect of entertainment. Masterplan then had to show why Aloft was appropriate in the entertainment corridor. The boutique hotel included a bar with live music, meeting the standard of entertainment.
- Showed the council that Aloft has a bar with live music as a form of entertainment, so it was appropriate with the district.
- Highlighted the differences in this boutique hotel versus a traditional hotel, including the chic, urban-inspired style targeted towards Millennials and Gen Y.
- Provided the City Council with the tax benefits of the proposed hotel development.
- The plans were approved by council and the Aloft hotel was built in the Dallas Arlington Entertainment District.
Amy Mathews has a true dedication to helping municipalities and clients navigate zoning and land use changes. Amy is responsible for Due Diligence, Urban Planning, Zoning and Land Use, and Development Codes. With roughly 22 years of experience, she is well versed in municipal development & redevelopment, ordinance writing, working with elected officials on land use planning projects, and much more. Before joining Masterplan, she worked for the County of San Diego as an Urban Planner, and worked for the Cities of Little Elm, Rowlett, Flower Mound, Frisco, Richardson, and DeSoto in various roles such as, City Planner, Senior Planner, Planning Manager, and Planning & Zoning Manager.