Client Name: Palladium
- Re-Zoning to planned development district
Located at 1010 State Highway 66 in Garland, Texas, the Embree Eastside will be a residential building with 107 units and three stories. The 4.1-acre site is next to a church and nearby to many City services and retail stores. The developer and operator, Palladium, has planned to include patios and balconies on units. There will also be amenities such as a clubhouse, pool, business center with Wi-Fi, fitness center, playground horseshoe pit, dog park, and BBQ station with a covered pavilion. The project is set to be fully open by the Spring of 2023.
- Residents nearby were concerned about who would be living in the new units, what the property would do to their property value, and if they would create extra traffic.
- Reached out to all residents in the nearby area to better understand their concerns.
- Provided information about Palladium’s rigorous background checks that typically are not required in a typical rental situation.
- Received support from a former council member and a nearby neighborhood.
- The project was approved and is set to be fully open by the Spring of 2023.
Amy Mathews has a true dedication to helping municipalities and clients navigate zoning and land use changes. Amy is responsible for Due Diligence, Urban Planning, Zoning and Land Use, and Development Codes. With roughly 22 years of experience, she is well versed in municipal development & redevelopment, ordinance writing, working with elected officials on land use planning projects, and much more. Before joining Masterplan, she worked for the County of San Diego as an Urban Planner, and worked for the Cities of Little Elm, Rowlett, Flower Mound, Frisco, Richardson, and DeSoto in various roles such as, City Planner, Senior Planner, Planning Manager, and Planning & Zoning Manager.