Client Name: Kevin Wisdom
- Economic Incentives
- Permit Expediting
- Due Diligence
- Neighborhood Meetings
The Mondrian at Cityplace is a residential and retail building that was designed by the famous architect, Thomas Brink. Located on the corner of McKinney and Blackburn at 3000 Blackburn Street, this 20-story building was one of the first high rises in the area. At ground level there are a variety of retail shops, and residents of the building also have access to garden pool along with other amenities.
- Before this project, there were no high rises in the West Village neighborhood, so it was a challenge to convince the city that the building would be a beneficial change for the area. The goal was to make the area denser and more urban for higher investment. It was also exceedingly difficult to work through the system.
- Masterplan was able to convince the city that this project was an upscale signature building that would be a catalyst to spark the dense and urban area.
- Convinced the city that this project deserved special attention because they were pioneering the future of the area.
- The client received several million dollars to subsidize the building.
- Many older professionals moved to the building because they were tired of owning a home.
Dallas Cothrum, PhD
Chief Executive Officer
Throughout his career, Dr. Cothrum has worked on numerous politically charged and technically difficult cases. He is responsible for consulting with and advising clients on requirements for zoning and permit applications for various area municipalities. His practice includes significant experience in public presentations before community groups, municipal boards, commissions, and councils concerning zoning changes, variances, and plats. Dr. Cothrum typically assists clients from due diligence and site selection through the entire zoning and building permit process, culminating with a certificate of occupancy.