Client Name: Sonic Automotive
Farmers Branch, Texas
- Specific Use Permit
Tactical Fleet offers storage for high-end, exotic, and luxury vehicles. The new site located at 14325 Gillis Road, STE 100 in Farmers Branch, Texas, is being developed by Sonic Automotive with assistance from Masterplan. Sonic Automotive is one of the largest automotive retailers in the United States and represents over 20 different new vehicle brands as well as EchoPark Automotive. It is a fortune 300 company based in North Carolina.
The Tactical Fleet project will feature changes to the landscaping including the addition of ornamental trees along Gillis Road, increased area, along with added shrubs, grass, and artificial turf. As far as infrastructure, the 98,000 square foot adaptive re-use will have 183 vehicle bays for storage, 15 vehicle lifts, and 60 additional parking spaces in the parking lot.
- The city was extremely strict about the landscaping improvements that needed to be made.
- The automotive use didn’t meet the guidance for the area as set out in the comprehensive plan.
- Significant improvements were made to the landscaping.
- Showed that the project also included some form of entertainment along with the retail, like serving beverages to customers.
- Highlighted the tax benefits of the business to the local community.
- This project is still in the process of being approved. It recently went for recommendation of approval by the council.
Managing Director, Frisco
Maxwell Fisher has a true dedication to his craft and is recognized as a leading zoning and land use consultant in the state of Texas. Since joining the firm in 2012, Maxwell has assisted landowners and developers with hundreds of requests for land use diligence, zoning changes, subdivision platting and permitting endeavors. Maxwell puts his clients first and strives to work through challenges faced in the city development review process. In addition to working in Dallas, Maxwell handles a large portion of Masterplan’s zoning entitlement services in the DFW suburbs. He also leads Masterplan’s efforts on due diligence reports for speculative development projects and for lenders.