Client Name: Milkshake Concepts
- Building Permitting
- Building Inspection
- Special Use Permit
Stirr, a popular Dallas restaurant bar, opened a second location at the Village on the Parkway in Addison, TX. The existing space was transformed to best fit the new restaurant by adding a second story with a secluded dining area. This new location has natural light and an open feel in the design, and similar to the Deep Ellum location, it will be open for later hours.
- A building permit was required to convert the retail building to a restaurant. Masterplan was able to submit and expedite the necessary building permit to allow for construction.
- Expediting the permit was necessary to stay on schedule.
- Addition of the second floor.
- Parking compliance issues are a typical problem for restaurants. Masterplan worked with the client to get the parking into compliance with the city.
- Building Inspection approval, permit required.
- Addressed city building permit comments, leading to a successfully issued permit.
- Expedited the permit. By working with Masterplan, they avoided some of the common pitfalls including lack of required paperwork, not submitting all the required documents, and running into time delays. By knowing and understanding the process, our team was able to successfully submit the permit and consistently check in to confirm and move the permit through the process.
- Addressed city comments including parking challenges, fire, and building code items.
- The project was successful and the restaurant has been operating since completion.
Amy Mathews has a true dedication to helping municipalities and clients navigate zoning and land use changes. Amy is responsible for Due Diligence, Urban Planning, Zoning and Land Use, and Development Codes. With roughly 22 years of experience, she is well versed in municipal development & redevelopment, ordinance writing, working with elected officials on land use planning projects, and much more. Before joining Masterplan, she worked for the County of San Diego as an Urban Planner, and worked for the Cities of Little Elm, Rowlett, Flower Mound, Frisco, Richardson, and DeSoto in various roles such as, City Planner, Senior Planner, Planning Manager, and Planning & Zoning Manager.