Client Name: Milkshake Concepts
- Building Permitting
- Building Inspection
- Special Use Permit
Stirr, a popular Dallas restaurant bar, opened a second location at the Village on the Parkway in Addison, TX. The existing space was transformed to best fit the new restaurant by adding a second story with a secluded dining area. This new location has natural light and an open feel in the design, and similar to the Deep Ellum location, it will be open for later hours.
- A building permit was required to convert the retail building to a restaurant. Masterplan was able to submit and expedite the necessary building permit to allow for construction.
- Expediting the permit was necessary to stay on schedule.
- Addition of the second floor.
- Parking compliance issues are a typical problem for restaurants. Masterplan worked with the client to get the parking into compliance with the city.
- Building Inspection approval, permit required.
- Addressed city building permit comments, leading to a successfully issued permit.
- Expedited the permit. By working with Masterplan, they avoided some of the common pitfalls including lack of required paperwork, not submitting all the required documents, and running into time delays. By knowing and understanding the process, our team was able to successfully submit the permit and consistently check in to confirm and move the permit through the process.
- Addressed city comments including parking challenges, fire, and building code items.
- The project was successful and the restaurant has been operating since completion.
Managing Director, Frisco
Maxwell Fisher has a true dedication to his craft and is recognized as a leading zoning and land use consultant in the state of Texas. Since joining the firm in 2012, Maxwell has assisted landowners and developers with hundreds of requests for land use diligence, zoning changes, subdivision platting and permitting endeavors. Maxwell puts his clients first and strives to work through challenges faced in the city development review process. In addition to working in Dallas, Maxwell handles a large portion of Masterplan’s zoning entitlement services in the DFW suburbs. He also leads Masterplan’s efforts on due diligence reports for speculative development projects and for lenders.