Commercial Plan Review
Commercial plans must be submitted for permits, so investors, developers and business owners are eager to ensure they are properly formatted to receive approval the first time they are reviewed.
It may seem that architecture, engineering and construction firms would already know how to prepare and package these plans properly for city review, but the reality is more complex. Each municipality, county, and state has its own commercial building plan criteria that must be met. It’s easy for a firm that often works in one area to overlook a formatting requirement for a project that is subject to a different set of rules.
To add complexity, there are typically three development stages for commercial construction permitting:
- A conceptual schematic design outlining size and budget
- Details defining mechanical and electrical systems, finishes, walls, exteriors, etc.
- Construction drawings, specifications, and contract
Masterplan can help simplify the commercial plan approval process. We evaluate and review commercial plans to ensure they meet all requirements for permitting approval. Our team is well versed in electronic submittal processes, and our involvement helps avoid delays and prevents the additional costs associated with revising and resubmitting plans.
Benefits of commercial plan review:
- Meet building codes that allow the permitting process to move forward.
- Avoid project permitting delays.
- Prevent additional costs associated with revising and resubmitting plans.
- Ensure your plan meets building use, parking, landscape, lighting, and signage requirements for permit approval.
We provide commercial plan review services for a variety of client types.
The Continental Gin Building
Wing Daddy’s Restaurant
HOW CAN I HELP?
Ms. Kay joined Masterplan in July 2019 after a long career working for the City of Dallas as the Chief Planner for the Sustainable Development and Construction Department. Her experience with the City of Dallas and her graduate-level education from Texas A&M University bring new ideas and insight to Masterplan. She has several years of proven experience working for local governments and serving community organizations, development professionals, architects/engineers, and others engaged in urban planning and development.