Parking demand is theoretically represented by local zoning ordinances, which provide a good baseline point of reference. However, in many cases, these ordinances can be over-simplified or over-generalized and do not sufficiently reflect actual parking needs of a project.
Solving for parking” is one of the most common assignments at Masterplan. We’ve helped hundreds of customers reduce requirements, reconfigure parking spaces, or apply to the city for formal reductions.
Masterplan has in-house experts that evaluate whether current or planned parking meets the criteria set out by local city ordinances. In some cases, we work with developers to ensure their project meets the parking requirements. In other situations, we help developers gain city approval of any parking changes. We also partner with third-party traffic engineering experts to manage complex traffic engineering studies and transportation planning, when required.
This process is called a parking analysis. Its purpose is to evaluate the parking needs of a facility and validate the proposed parking requirement.
A parking analysis includes:
- The square footage of all uses
- Description of the specific parking requirements of that district or municipality
- The current parking supply of a property and assessment of whether current and future demands necessitate additions to or changes in the parking allocation
- Identify opportunities for parking reduction, such as parking special exceptions, tree preservation parking reduction, administrative parking reduction, or options to provide bicycle parking
- Take into consideration any site-, project-, or use-specific factors that may affect parking demand
- We also provide ADA compliance services, such as for handicapped parking
- Determine appropriate measures to provide excellent site access, internal circulation, pedestrian environment, parking efficiency, as well as off-site functionality to ensure projects are safe, sustainable, and effective
- Final recommendation of how much parking needs to be provided along with next steps if this recommendation isn’t in alignment with current city requirements
Our parking analysis clients include:
HOW CAN I HELP?
With nearly three decades of experience across diverse sectors, Eric is responsible for developing new strategies and initiatives, building new relationships while maintaining existing client and partner relationships, and advising clients on housing developments. As a licensed commercial real estate agent, Eric uses his expertise and experience within the real estate, finance, and consulting industries to develop relationships with owners and developers to identify solutions that match their goals and ensures and positive client experience.