Abandonment / Row Licensing
Abandonment is the sale of excess city-owned property for private use while right-of-way licensing compensates private property owners for public use of their land. Masterplan represents private-sector clients who need to expedite the city’s abandonment, franchise, or private-license processes. Let us put our extensive knowledge to work to ensure your property is handled in accordance with your specific development or redevelopment plans.
In many large cities like Dallas, the abandonment process takes months and months from submission of a complete application. It’s helpful to work with an experienced professional to keep the process moving forward and avoid common pitfalls.
Top 5 Reasons Why Abandonments/ROW Licenses are Not Approved or Delayed
- Inadequate Request Letter submitted from appropriate party
- Field Notes with Survey Plan Reviewing Guide (SPRG) missing and/or delay in receiving corrected Field Notes from original submission
- Deeds of record or in some instances leases and dedicatory information missing
- Consent letters and/or recorded quitclaim deeds missing from non-participating owners
- Site plan or conceptual drawings missing